29 October 2015
Cheryl (it was her actual birthday) and I received a surprise (advance) celebration from my friends when I really did not expect anything from them at all. It feels good to be surprised and believe me, I really was surprised. So apparently they planned this a week ago and I knew absolutely nothing about it. The plan was to tell me that Belle had to go to the toilet and I was supposed to follow her while the rest goes to get the surprise stuff. However, just so happen that I needed to go to the ATM when we were at the interchange so choa and Cheryl waited for me while Jiamin, who was supposed to meet her buyer IN cotton on and belle goes to find MY who had been waiting at cwp for 4 hours alone (thank u so much 😘) to get the balloons and cakes. So, Cheryl, choa and I were waiting outside of QQ rice and suddenly I see the 3 of them approaching with balloons and I'm like omg with my mouth opened in shock HAHAHA my mouth could not help but hang open. So yes there goes and I mean we were really surprised even though I'm not so sure about Cheryl since she said she was already suspecting something HAHAHA but I didn't expect it and I'm really thankful!!!!
And before that in the morning, I texted belle and my asking them if we were going to do anything for Cheryl's birthday because it was today. Belle and MY replied me sorta the same thing and I was like what is happening LOL. Same for Cheryl, she messaged the four of them asking what they were gonna do for my birthday and belle was like "walao can you two just shut up not!!!" HAHAHAHHAA.
We have forged a beautiful friendship even though we met only in April which has only been about 6 months. I'm so thankful for your efforts and thoughts into preparing this :) Big big thank you to the four of you again! Love you all so very much and I hope our friendship goes a long way!
Honestly though, I have not received a surprise before in 18 years of my life even though I celebrate it on most years. Birthdays have never been quite important to me since it's just the usual celebrating with my family, having dinner and then cutting the cake. So, I was never excited for my birthday.
I have done a few surprises for my friends though, and I enjoy planning it and seeing them happy when surprised. Even though it's sometimes disappointing that they didn't do the same thing for me, I did not do it hoping that they would or must do it for me. I give presents to my friends but they don't give me anything on my birthday, it feels slightly shitty but again, I don't buy presents for them hoping they buy for me during my birthday too. It just kinda feel like maybe my birthday don't matter to them but it doesn't make me regret celebrating for them on their birthdays. I think it's just natural for me to feel this way but other than that, it's all in the past when I could not appreciate how my birthday is actually to celebrate that I lived another year, I grew one year older, wiser and have people around me that I love and love me. I realise that presents are no longer important. Also, I love it when I receive birthday messages that warm my heart!!! People telling me how much they appreciate having me in their life and things like that. Those words are bigger presents than any physical present.
There are just so many more things to be thankful for rather than physical gifts.
Continuing from yesterday...
So we (cheryl, belle, my) went to chicken up for dinner. We ordered the whole chicken (20pcs), bulgogi fries and 1-for-1 melon bingsu. The food were all quite good, I liked it and I will visit chicken up again. Here are some pictures!
There are just so many more things to be thankful for rather than physical gifts.
Continuing from yesterday...
So we (cheryl, belle, my) went to chicken up for dinner. We ordered the whole chicken (20pcs), bulgogi fries and 1-for-1 melon bingsu. The food were all quite good, I liked it and I will visit chicken up again. Here are some pictures!
That was a really filling meal.
Today, 30 October 2015
Nothing special really happened today. School was boring as usual. Ugh 8am lessons. Ugh formal wear. Ugh H modules are so dry. The only thing good about H modules is that it ends at 12:30pm. Other than that, everything else is a dread. Hope lessons become more interesting.
It has been 2 weeks since school started now and I still have not eaten with any of my new classmates. Everyday it's just me, belle and rahman. Hopefully we get to mix with the others soon.
Tata for now!










No comments:
Post a Comment